"Breathing is the process that moves air in and out of the lungs or oxygen through other breathing organs such as gills" according to Wikipedia.
Ya-Hu (pronounced ya-who) breath, is the breathing technique we practice and recommend and is very simple.
- Close your mouth gently, lips touching with a small gap between the upper and lower teeth.
- Breathe in (inhale) through your nose - calmly, gently, and slowly.
- Breathe out (exhale) through your mouth - slowly, gently, and calmly.
- Become aware, notice, hear, watch or sense the flow of air.
- Do not force this technique if your health and body do not allow it. Examples are when you have a stuffed nose, hurting throat, etc. Just breathe any way that sits well with you.
- Do not feel you must follow this technique if you know and prefer another style of breathing. There are many ways to breath, trust what your body guides you to do. You will know when/if you are to try this technique.
- Do not pressure yourself into deep breathing - pressure and exagurations work counter-actively.
"Good health and healing starts with breath and breathing." ~ healingPAQ